Lighthouse… out of the darkness | A Christian based Stateline mental health ministry
“I have come as a light to shine in this world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.”, John 12:46
Guided by God’s light, we aim to provide a path to healing for people affected by depression, anxiety, psychosis, substance abuse, eating disorders and/or suicide.
Many of us have directly or indirectly been affected by mental illness and/or addiction. Our two families have not only been directly affected, but feel it is our calling to help lead others at Stateline out of the darkness, bearing witness to God’s unyielding ability to heal and comfort.
We envision doing this in two ways: 1. Provide immediate aid during a mental health crisis (ex. Provide names of counselors, give rides to counseling sessions, offer child care, etc.), and 2. Provide long term support through small groups and educational programming. Click the boxes below to view the available resources.
For more information, feel free to contact any one of us by email:
Xavier Whitford, [email protected] | Cory Whitford, [email protected]
Erin Calkins, [email protected] | Scott Calkins, [email protected]
Hotline Crisis Numbers
- NATIONAL SUICIDE HOTLINE: 1-800-273-8255
- Domestic Violence Line – 815-962-6102
- Gambling Addiction Line – 815-547-4502
- NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-6264
Local Mental Health Resources
- Tommy Corral Memorial Foundation | 815-519-1430 | www.tommycorralmemorialfoundation.com
- NAMI Northern Illinois | 815-963-2470 | www.naminorthernillinois.org
- Stepping Stones of Rockford | 815-963-0683 | www.steppingstonesrockford.org
- Youth Services Network Crisis Line | 815-986-1953 | www.ysnkids.com
- Children’s Home & Aid | 815-962-1043 | www.childrenshomeandaid.org
- Remedies | 815-962-6102 | www.remediesrenewinglives.org
- Rockford Sexual Assault Counseling | 815-636-9811 | www.rockfordsexualassaultcounseling.org
- Ray of Hope Suicide Survivor’s Group | 815-636-4750